We have been joining in with a lot of free, local events over the past few weeks one of which was Mini Beasts Crafts at our library. The Mini Mes got to make concertina caterpillars and they loved playing with them afterwards too! They are very simple to create and you only require glue and paper - nice and cheap!
How to make them
- Fold a piece of A4 paper in half length ways and then half again.
- Cut out the 4 strips down the fold lines.
- Stick two strips together by the ends to make a longer strip, attaching approx 2inches overlap to keep it secure, and repeat with the two other strips.
- Using glue, stick one long strip on top of the other at a right angle.
- Fold one strip across the other and continue until the strips are folded over completely to make your concertina caterpillar.
- Glue the two end pieces together.
- You can add eyes or draw them on and decorate it how you wish!
Have you been crafty this week or enjoyed baking with kids? You can link up your posts here to share!
Mini Mess is a weekly Wednesday link up to share all your fun activites that may have involved mess - be it mud, water, sand, chalk, paint or food!
If you would like to grab the badge you can use the code in the sidebar on the right (highlight, press ctrl and c then paste).