We received a lovely bundle of goodies from Aldi last week and what better way to use them than to bake! Cookies combined with chocolate and fudge was the result - they are crisp on the outside and chewy in the centre, a tasty sweet treat.
Ingredients (makes approx 15)
220g self raising flour
120g caster sugar
100g soft brown sugar
120g butter, softened
50g chocolate, chopped into small pieces
125g icing sugar
30g chocolate, melted
Fudge pieces (from the Aldi sprinkle pot)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Combine the sugar and butter in a bowl
- Mix in the egg
- Mix in the flour
- Stir in the chopped up chocolate, trying to spread it evenly in the dough.
- Divide the dough into around 15 balls and place in a cupcake tray
- *Tip- use an ice cream scoop to make them the same size
- Cook for 15-18 minutes until lightly browned, allow to cool for 10 minutes
- To decorate the chocolate cookie cups combine the butter, icing sugar and melted chocolate in a bowl.
- Place the icing into a piping bag and squeeze onto of the cookies.
- Sprinkle over the fudge pieces
To find your local Aldi store or for product information you can visit their website: http://www.aldi.co.uk/