I've really been inspired by The Great British Bake Off over the past few weeks and I've found myself creating some new and tasty treats in the kitchen. I've made Chocolate and Cinnamon Whirls, a Raspberry and White Chocolate Roly Poly and this week I've had a go at choux pastry for the first time.
It was actually a lot easier than I expected which again spurs me on to make and bake even more!
For the pastry
Pinch of salt
For the caramel sauce
3tbsp brown sugar
70ml double cream
For the filling
284ml double cream (1 large pot)
2 heaped tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking tray
- Melt the butter with the water in a pan on a medium heat, as soon as it boils remove from the heat and mix in the flour and salt until smooth.
- Allow to cool completely then add the eggs whisking until fully combined
- Spoon the mixture into 8 even rounds in the baking tray
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until golden brown
- Allow to cool and slice in half
- To make the caramel sauce heat the butter, sugar and cream on a low heat until smooth and allow to cool
- To make the filling gently mix the cream with the icing sugar until thick
I'm linking this with...