Don't let the cooler weather put you off exploring the great outdoors, there is plenty to see and do during Autumn and some spectacular photography opportunities with the beautiful colours of the season.
We have had great fun collecting conkers and acorns and we decided to use the pine cones we discovered to create some cute little hedgehogs!
Air drying clay
- Firstly clean your pine cones to ensure there are no little hidden bugs inside.
- Using the clay roll out a ball for a head, 4 balls for feet, 2 balls for ears and 1 ball for a nose.
- Shape the clay ball for the head into a cone, attach to the flat end of the pine cone and spread out the edges to ensure it is connected properly.
- Add the ears and use the fork to make a small indentation in each.
- Add the nose to the tip of the head.
- Press the fork down into each of the feet and then attach to the pine cone firmly.
- Use the fork to make a mouth, attach the eyes and leave so the clay can dry.
Collect some Autumn items of your own and get creative!
You can find out more information on your local Forestry Commission woods here: