I have a big soft spot for cheesecake. Chocolate, strawberry and lemon are all well loved by the family but raspberry is a definite favourite! This is an incredibly easy recipe and the Mini Mes often make it unaided... This one was in fact made by Minxy.
Not a fan of raspberries? Use an alternative berry of your choice.
220g digestive biscuits
75g melted butter
225g cream cheese (we used Philadelphia)
55g caster sugar
200ml double cream, whipped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Break the biscuits up into crumbs in a bowl
- Melt the butter in a pan on a low heat, pour into the biscuits and stir well.
- Pour the biscuit and butter mixture into a loose bottom cake tin (approx 10") and bake for 8 -10 minutes until firm.
- Allow to cool
- Combine the soft cheese and sugar in a bowl and then add in the raspberries, saving a few for decoration if you wish.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the double cream until light and fluffy and then gently stir into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spread evenly on top of the base and place in the fridge to set for several hours (8-12).
What is your favourite cheesecake?