Homemade cakes and cards are a lovely treat on Mother's Day, but quite often your kind and thoughtful little ones will want to use their own pocket money to purchase a gift for mum. They probably don't have a fortune to spend though so making the most of their pennies will certainly help - our list of bargain buys should provide you with some ideas!
All of these are just £5 or less.
- Aldi have a superb selection of great value gift solutions this March from handbags and pjs to flowers and teapots. Their cosmetic bags come in a set of three and are perfect for mums that like to travel with all of their essentials to hand or just want to keep their makeup organised while at home or away. They come in classic black with white, pinks, and bold blue and orange too. They cost £4.99.
- These pretty ballerina style slippers in Lilac, Pink Spot, Beige or Blue Stripe and are available in sizes 3-8. With a faux fur lining and insole they will keep toes snug and comfortable and at just £2.99 a pair they are seriously great value! I love the ribbon detailing too.
- If you are after something a little more lavish try the award winning Contevedo Cava Brut for just £4.89! It's packed with bubbles and has both a fruity aroma and taste to go well with a variety of meals... or just consumed by itself. Let mum put her feet up and pour a glass (or two).
- If mum is pregnant or prefers to avoid alcoholic beverages Shloer Celebration is a lovely alternative and comes in at just £2.99 for a bottle. It's available in most supermarkets so you can add it in with your weekly shop and with a crisp white grape taste and plenty of bubbles it definitely has the fizz just minus the booze!
- Cadbury Roses are a firm favourite for mums that have a sweet tooth. With 10 different flavoured chocolates inside each box perhaps she will even indulge and then share a few out too - here's hoping! There is the smooth Signature Truffle, Golden Caramel and Strawberry Dream to name just a few and ranging from £1 to £4.59 it will keep her smiling for a few days. We have spotted them for just £3 in Asda!
- Greenland Fruit Emotions hand cream in lime-vanilla has a unique yet lovely scent to keep skin soft and smooth. We all know that housework can leave hands a little worse for wear so this a great product to restore moisture and prevent dryness. It contains essential oils and B5 which is really hydrating and in a 50ml tin it is perfect for popping in your handbag,
- In pastel shades ideal for spring or neon brights to make a statement there is a colour to suit every taste and make nails sparkle. W7 is long lasting and quick trying. It also has a great brush for a streak free finish - I really like this in Sheer Blue and Fluorescent Purple.
- I Love... To Scrub A-Dub Dub has a lovely mango fragrance and contains Vitamin E to soften and moisturise skin. It's a gentle exfoliant for a fresh finish and mum certainly deserves a bit of a pamper doesn't she? Available at Superdrug for £5 this is just one of the beautifully fragranced products from the range. We love the Raspberry & Blackberry and Strawberries & Cream scents too.
What are you getting mum for Sunday?
*We received some items from various companies for inclusion in this post. The opinions given are honest and our own*