When you don't have the time to spend hours in the kitchen but you need a carb kick for energy, McCain Ready Baked Potatoes are a convenient option. They only take a few minutes in the microwave and provide a just baked taste for your favourite toppings to be piled on top. Delicious!
I'm a huge fan of potatoes in general so I was keen to see if these lived up to my expectations. We were sent a box to try along with the ingredients to make McCains recipe for Pesto Chicken too. The recipe is very quick which saved a lot of time and hassle - it's ideal for after a long day at work or a session at the gym, to fit in around school clubs and activities or as a healthy alternative to a takeaway.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: Approx 7 minutes
• 2 McCain Ready Baked Jackets
• 1 cooked chicken breast, chopped
• Handful baby spinach leaves, torn to small pieces
• 3 or 4 tbsp fresh green pesto
• 75g your favourite cheese grated (we suggest cheddar)
• 1 (20cm) pie tin, greased with a little butter
1. Preheat grill
2. Cook the McCain Ready Baked Jackets according to the pack instructions
3. Meanwhile mix the chopped chicken with the spinach and pesto
4. Split open the McCain Ready Baked Jackets, pop on an oven tray and top with the chicken
5. Sprinkle over the grated cheese and grill until hot and bubbly
6. Serve with a side salad
• Try sprinkling with toasted pine nuts for extra crunch.
• For a veggie option simply leave out the chicken.
These were actually even nicer than I expected. The skin was quite crisp yet the inside was soft and fluffy. The pesto chicken was something I hadn't tried before with potato and I really enjoyed it... I've actually had it a few times since!
You can find out more about McCain and discover some lovely recipes on their website
What do you have with potato?
*We received a Tesco delivery sent from McCain for the purpose of this post. The opinions given are honest and our own*