It's a little thank you from myself to my followers for all of your support throughout the year which I really appreciate. It's a great way to win a treat for yourself or to put away a little something for a loved one to wrap up this December and pop under the tree.
Each day throughout November there will be a new giveaway, all of which will end on 10th December 2014 which gives you plenty of time to enter and plenty of time for me to arrange the postage of prizes in time for Christmas.
WIN the Eisberg Wine Collection
Eisberg is made like your favourite wine, the only difference is the alcohol has been removed at the end of the process. This is ideal for those driving this Christmas, for midweek drinking minus the hangover and also those that are pregnant or avoiding booze for other health related reasons.
Each 125ml glass contains less than 34 calories and 0.05% alcohol - it has the flavour without being calorific! There are four varieties available; A refreshingly aromatic Riesling, a crisp Chardonnay, a juicy succulent Rosé and a fruity red Cabernet Sauvignon. Something for everyone at the dinner table.
You can even use Eisberg in your recipes and this slow cooked beef in red wine is bound to be a hit this winter
EISBERG CABERNET SAUVIGNON
Slow Cooked Beef in Red Wine
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: Approx. 6 hours in slow cooker
2tbs plain flour
salt and black pepper
1kg casserole steak, diced
1tbs light olive or vegetable oil
2 large carrots, peeled and sliced
2 cloves garlic, sliced
500ml Eisberg Cabernet Sauvignon
1 beef stock cube plus 300ml boiling water
1tsp dried thyme
2-3 bay leaves
1tbs tomato puree
10 shallots, peeled and left whole
200g baby button mushrooms
100g smoked streaky bacon, chopped, or lardons
- Place the flour in a bowl and season with a pinch of salt and a good grind of black pepper, then add the beef and toss well to coat all the pieces of meat.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan and add about a third of the beef. Cook quickly just to seal on all sides, then tip into a slow cooker. Repeat this process with the remaining meat.
- Add the carrots and garlic to the frying pan and fry for one minute then add to the slow cooker.
- Pour over the Eisberg wine and stir then add the stock, thyme, bay leaves and tomato purée. Cover with the lid and cook on low heat for 4-5 hours.
- Turn the heat to a high setting then add the shallots and mushrooms. Fry the bacon in a small pan then tip into the cooker and cook for a further hour.
- Check that the meat is tender and add a little more black pepper if desired (but no salt as the bacon is salty).
- Garnish with fresh thyme and serve with mashed potato and green beans.
- Note: If you don’t have a slow cooker, use a casserole with a tight fitting lid and cook in the oven at 150oC for about 3 hours, ensuring that there is enough liquid in the dish.
- Once you have added the shallots and mushrooms, turn up the heat to 180oC for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
*** WIN ***
For your chance to win the entire Eisberg collection you can enter via the Gleam entry form below.
The giveaway is open to those in the UK and ends at 11.59pm GMT 10th December 2014.
Leaving a comment is mandatory but there are additional entry methods available also.
Feeling lucky? Find my other giveaways here:
You can follow me: