I often like to surprise the Mini Mes with small treats upon their return from their dad's house or school. Although I love to make things with them I find it quite relaxing to have the kitchen to myself to be a little creative on a Sunday afternoon and that's exactly when I made these quick individually sized vanilla cheesecakes.
There isn't any baking required so they are a great dessert if you don't have much time on your hands. You can take a few minutes to make them and then leave them to chill until required.
90g digestive biscuits
180g soft cheese
45 icing sugar
90ml double cream
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Line 4 loose base tartlet tins (4" in size approx) with baking paper
- Melt the butter in a pan over a low heat
- Crush the biscuits in a bowl (I generally use the end of a rolling pin) and mix in the melted butter
- Divide the mixture evenly between the 4 tartlet tins and press down to level each one
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill while you move onto the next step
- In a bowl mix together the soft cheese, whipped double cream and vanilla extract
- Sift in the icing sugar to remove any lumps and combine
- Split the mixture equally and place on top of each biscuit base ensuring each is level
- Sprinkle over some hundreds and thousands to add some colour and texture
- Give them a tap to remove any air bubbles and replace in the fridge
- Leave for several hours until firm then remove from the tins
What is your favourite cheesecake flavour?
You can follow me here: