The Mini Mes are already counting down the sleeps until Santa's arrival and it got me thinking about our Christmas Eve routine. Usually our Elf on the Shelf will bring a box of new PJ's festive movies, some delicious treats to devour and goodies to leave out for Rudolph, but as he hasn't made an appearance this year (the kids are getting too grown up now) I thought we could have some fun by making our own reindeer food.
This is a very simple recipe to create at home, with items that are probably in your cupboards, and it's very quick to make so if you've left it until the last minute never fear!
- 50g oats
- 50g sugar
- 1/2 tsp food colouring
- Coloured sprinkles
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Mix together the food colouring and sugar in a bowl and spread the mixture out thinly onto a baking tray
- Cook for 10 minutes and then allow to cool - this is your edible glitter
- Mix the edible glitter with your oats and sprinkles. We decided to stick with red and green shades as they are quite seasonal but you can use whichever you wish or have available!
- Place the feed into bags until it's ready for use or scatter it straight from the bowl outside
What does your Christmas Eve routine involve?