With the family visiting regularly over the Christmas period I've had to cater for all tastes. I've cooked quite a few dishes that I wouldn't usually make for myself including this creamy cauliflower cheese which was a huge success - to the extent I made a second two days later for everyone upon request and a third shortly after!
50g plain flour
130g cheese, grated
4tbsp bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees
- Cut the cauliflower into pieces and cook in a saucepan of boiling water for around 8 minutes. Drain and set to one side.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat and mix in the flour to create a roux
- Gradually add the milk while stirring continuously to create your sauce
- Once thickened, add the majority of the cheese and stir until it is all melted and combined, ensuring there are no lumps
- Place the cauliflower in an ovenproof dish approximately 12" by 15" in size and pour the sauce over the top
- Sprinkle on the remaining cheese, breadcrumbs and grate on some Parmesan
- Cook for around 25 minutes until golden in colour and bubbling
It goes well with roast beef, Yorkshire puddings, potatoes and veg on a Sunday.
What meals have you been making recently?