For a change I decided to order a food shop online this week and save the Mr the trip to our local supermarket. I can't recall using Morrisons' delivery service previously but I was really impressed. The receipt lists the expiry dates of the products in order and we didn't have any substitutes at all.
It's very likely I will shop with them next week too.
Here is the menu this week:
- As it has been snowing I thought a big family feast was in order. I've got a large joint to cook which I will team with Yorkshire puddings, cauliflower cheese, roast potatoes and lots of seasonal vegetables. I;m making a pudding too, the recipe for which I will share soon.
- I will be cooking stuffed tortellini for the Mr as the Mini Mes are our Tuesday evening. Generally I team it with a rich tomato sauce but he actually prefers it plain with some black pepper and Parmesan.
- Wednesday will be a slow cooked chilli with sour cream, nachos and lots of cheese piled on top. Another winter warmer.
- Thursday I'm making a dish which was scheduled for the first week of January that was actually replaced by a cheeky takeaway!
- Friday night is usually an easy dinner to end the week so I'm doing pizzas, dough balls with garlic butter and BBQ chicken wings. I will make my warm and gooey chocolate brownies for dessert.
- Saturday is a quick pasta bake before the next shop is completed.
What's on your menu this week?