Minxy received lots of beautifully coloured yarn at Christmas so we decided to use some for a themed craft activity while it was wet at the weekend. Valentine's Day is just around the corner and these cute and lovable pom poms are actually really simple to create - we made some as key rings and bag accessories too.
Fork (or you can use your hand)
- Wrap your yarn around a fork, approx 20-40 times, depending upon the finish you require. Ensure you leave a small gap between the yarn and the base of the fork.
- Cut the yarn and place the loose end under the fork to keep it in place
- Cut a piece of yarn approx 10cm in length. Pass one end through the centre gap at the base of the fork and bring the other end over the top of the fork. Knot it tightly in the middle to keep it secure
- Slide the yarn off the fork.
- Get your scissors and slip them into the loops of yarn that have been created.
- Cut the loops, trying to keep in the middle of each loop so they are all the same size. This is now your pom pom
- Attach eyes using glue
- You can also stick on some antennae made from card or pipe cleaners if you wish, add a sticker as a mouth and foam as feet so that it stands
Have you made any crafts with the kids for Valentine's Day?