This past week I've booked a few holidays, been to Ikea for some decorating inspiration (while filling my face with 60p hot dogs) and played taxi to the Mini Mes on several occasions. I swear they have better social lives than I do with three parties to attend! The week ahead is equally as busy with the return of swimming lessons for Jamster, a trip to Liverpool and hopefully a romantic getaway for Valentine's, so there are quite a few quick and slow cooked meals on the planner for convenience.
Here is the menu for the week ahead:
- I do love a good pie and this chicken and gammon recipe is one that I always return to as everyone enjoys it. I've started making the filling on the hob while cooking the pastry by itself on a tray in the oven to save time.
- Mexican is another favourite cuisine and these cheesy baked enchiladas are really tasty. I am a bit of a cheese addict however so that comes as no surprise!
- Soup is so easy to make in advance so this is ideal for the Mr and I to have when we are child-free on Wednesday evenings.
- I was trying to think of a different protein to use as we have quite a lot of chicken so I decided to add this slow cooked Chinese dish to the menu to celebrate the Chinese New Year too.
- I have some mince in the fridge (3 for £10 deal) so this will go nicely for spaghetti bolognese.
What's on your menu this week?