Fish is not only low in fat and a great source of protein, it contains Omega 3 which benefits the heart, so incorporating fillets or shellfish into your family meals each week is a wise choice. As 7th-14th October sees the return of Seafood Week why not pop a fish dish onto your meal planner?
Regardless of your budget seafood is a tasty and simple option for busy parents and we really enjoyed trying bream for the first time recently. The fish was pan-fried to make the skin crispy and placed on a bed of new potatoes and plum tomatoes in a garlic, ginger and onion sauce with a little parsley to garnish. The entire dish took less than 30 minutes to make - thank you Hello Fresh!
The benefits of eating fish
- During pregnancy your baby requires lots of nutrients to grow and fish can help to provide these
- Fish helps to provide children with the minerals and vitamins they require
- Omega-3 fats found in fish help to maintain a healthy heart, normal blood pressure, brain function, vision and blood levels of triglycerides (a type of fat that increases the risk of heart disease when levels are raised).
- Iron makes red blood cells, transports oxygen around the body and can reduce tiredness - brown crabmeat, crayfish, clams, cockles and mussels contain this important nutrient
- White, oily and shellfish are protein-rich and fill you up for longer. This can help you to maintain a healthy weight
It is recommended that you eat 2 portions per week - have you been eating yours?
Seafood Week is all about encouraging families to purchase, cook and eat more fish and to celebrate we have teamed up with Seafish to offer one lucky person a Circulon Genesis Stainless Steel Pan Set worth £170....
For your chance to WIN a Circulon Genesis Stainless Steel 4 Piece Pan Set worth £170 you can enter via the Gleam entry form below.
The giveaway ends at 11.59pm GMT on 14th October 2016.
Leaving a comment below with a healthy recipe/meal idea involving cod, which consists of 5 or less ingredients, is compulsory to enter and the best recipes will be published on the Fish is the Dish website.
**** Find my other giveaways here ****