We had great fun making and decorating this cute little hedgehog and it's very simple to do.
4oz caster sugar
5oz self raising flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp milk
150ml double cream
150g plain chocolate
- Preheat the oven to around 175 degrees and grease and line the base of a 9" round tin.
- Combine the butter and caster sugar then add the flour, eggs, milk and cocoa powder.
- Pour into the tin, level off and pop into the oven until its cooked (around 25 minutes).
- Leave to cool and then remove from the tray.
- Slice two triangular pieces from the front of the cake and 2 semi-circle shaped pieces from the sides.
- Stack the 4 cut off pieces on top of the cake.
- To make the icing gently heat the chocolate and cream together in a bowl over a pan of boiling water.
- Allow the icing to cool completely (I placed it in the fridge for 40 mins) and when it's a spreadable consistency apply it to the cake.
- Add smarties for the nose and eyes and chocolate buttons for the hedgehogs prickles.