We received some lovey Nigella Lawson Measuring Cups from Red Candy and what better way to test them is there than with a recipe from Nigella's website? These chocolate chip cookies are simply delicious, possibly the best I've ever made.
We decided to make a batch to transform into cookie cups which can hold a scoop of ice cream perfectly. It is the summer holiday after all so it's a good excuse to indulge and double the treat!
1/2 cup of butter (4oz)
1/2 cup caster sugar (3.5oz)
1/2 cup brown sugar (3.5oz)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 cup self raising flour (5oz)
3/4 cup plain flour (3.75oz)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips (4oz)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree
- Mix the sugars together with the butter and vanilla then add in the egg and flours to form a dough
- Mix in the chocolate chips
- We then split the dough into 18 equally sized balls and placed them into muffin trays
- We squished down the centres using the back of a spoon and baked them in the oven for around 15 minutes until golden
- Once removed from the oven I instantly pushed the centres, which had risen slightly, back down using the spoon and left them to cool
- We then scooped some ice cream and used the cookies as cups for dessert
|With a scoop of Ben & Jerry's Karamel Sutra inside mmm|
I often find amazing recipes online but I never attempt them. I'm far too impatient and if I see something in cups rather than grams or ounces I don't usually waste time converting the measurements, instead I search for an alternative. These dishwasher safe melamime cups from the Nigella 's Living Kitchen range take the hassle away and allow me to whip up something tasty, quickly.
They are superb quality yet light weight. They are also easy to stack so they take up little room in my kitchen cupboards, although you could always store them away in the box they arrive in if you wish or leave them on display. The red matches the rest of my kitchen perfectly and they are modern and stylish in appearance.
Each of the four cups state the measurement it holds within it (1 cup, 1/2 cup, 1/3 cup and 1/4 cup) and the handle is ideal for both adults and children to grip with ease. These have been used several times already, by both myself and the Mini Mes, and have made my baking a lot easier.
What flavour cookies are your favourite?