I really enjoy a little retail therapy, especially when it comes to the latest beauty products to boost my confidence, but it can be frustrating when sales assistants bombard you at the counter and you just want to browse at your own pace! It almost feels as though some will intentionally give you a makeover with the most expensive items, despite not always matching your skin type and tone, just for a big sale and you can feel pressured into making a purchase you might not want or really need.
My Beauty Matches is completely different however, and I love it! They work alongside you and offer unbiased suggestions based on the information you provide. You can do everything online whenever suits you and with over 200,000 products from 1,500 brands there are always great personal recommendations.
The website enables you to compare prices and delivery times too for some fast arriving bargains!
I was really impressed by just how fast it is to register but also by how much information is acquired at
the same time. The questions cover your complexion, skin concerns (with everything from wrinkles and Eczema to dark circles and puffy eyes), age and even occupation to reveal the perfect skincare, makeup, body, hair, hand and feet along with fragrance products to suit you.
After adding my own details I was pleasantly surprised to see that some of items put forward were things that I already use, or very similar to, which really showed just how accurate the results are. It was also a nice way to discover new matches I hadn't thought of using previously and to see some of my favourite brands like Hourglass, Nars, Benefit and Clinique listed.
My Favourite Recommendations
- I had put that my skin lacked radiance and this Blush Prodige Illuminating Cheek Colour from Clarins was suggested for me along with a collection of bronzers and even brushes. It provides a smooth finish and gives a nice glow to your skin which would be ideal.
- I have combination skin and the Dermalogica Essential Cleansing Solution is universal and therefore suitable too. This isn't something I would typically use but I've added it to my wishlist for when I next go shopping as it is described as quick, gentle and fragrance free; things I look for when removing my makeup.
- As my hair is naturally quite curly (and wild) it can get a bit frizzy and dry at times. I'd not heard of Bumble and Bumble Styling Semisumo before but it sounds like a great match. It is aimed at medium or coarse hair, all lengths and for coloured locks which mine often is. I'm going to give this a go.
- I selected sweet scents as my favourite perfume type so Gucci Guilty was put forward as a match for me. With 'Pink Pepper and Mandarin Orange top notes, heart notes of Lilac, Peach and Geranium and base notes of Amber and Patchouli' it sounds like a great mix of fruit and florals. It would be one that I would probably pick for myself in a store.
- Nivea is an affordable and well known brand that I use regularly. To beat my dry skin the Express Hydration Body Lotion will sooth and leave my body feeling soft - just what I require. At only £3.75 this is a nice low cost match for me.
Which products does My Beauty Matches recommend for you?