Having a Jubilee party? These Jubilee themed jam tarts are delicious and would look great laid out on your picnic blanket to share and enjoy. They are very simple to make so the kids can help out too!
|You can add crowns to make them Jubilee themed!|
5oz plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
Egg yolk (optional)
Makes around 12 tarts
- Preheat the oven to around 180 degrees.
- Rub the butter in with the flour and salt until it looks like breadcrumbs and then add a small amount of water (around 2/3tbsp) to form a stiff dough.
- Flour the surface lightly and roll out the dough to around 3mm. Cut into rounds with a 7cm cutter and place in a cupcake tin.
- Add a tsp of jam to the centre of the rounds
- With the leftover pastry dough cut out crowns and place on top of the jam.
- If you want to give the tarts a shine you can brush them in egg yolk at this point.
- Cook for around 15 minutes.
- Scoff - Cooled or lovely warm with ice cream!
Have you made anything special or the Jubilee?