Mini Mess is a weekly wednesday link up where you can share your arts and crafts or baking experiences with your children.
Anything that you have enjoyed with your kids that may have involved some mess (and fun) can be linked up here. If you could pop over to other blogs to view their posts too that would be great - linky love is good!
You can grab the badge from the right hand side of the blog
The Mr had been wanting some for a while and rather than shop bought we decided to bake some ourselves while he was at work as a surprise. They are another simple recipe that is ideal for kids to do.
120g brown sugar
3 large tablespoons of golden syrup
Chocolate for the topping (if you want)
- Grease and line a 9" by 12" tin/baking tray and preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a pan melt the butter with the sugar and syrup on a low heat.
- Once dissolved add the oats and stir thoroughly.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tray and flatten it down.
- Cook in the oven for around 20 minutes until golden.
- Leave to cool.
- Remove the flapjacks from the tray and slice into 12 pieces.
To make them more crunchy add a little less syrup...
Tip: Warm a knife under hot water before slicing the flapjacks to make it easier.
What messy fun have you enjoyed this past week with the kids?