Baking with kids doesn't have to be all about cakes and cookies, this is such a quick and easy savoury recipe and one that Minxy chose to create herself. We received a lovely hamper last week and this recipe uses a collection of goodies from that including Capricorn Somerset Goats Cheese - yummy!
Jus-Rol puff pastry (You can make your own but this was in our hamper)
100g Capricorn Somerset Goats Cheese
3 slices of ham (of your choice)
Half a red pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Roll out your Jus-Rol pastry to around 1cm thickness and use a plate to cut out a circle with a 15cm diameter. Place on a baking tray.
- Leaving a 2cm gap along the edge of the pastry, slice and layer the tomato on top.
- Slice and sprinkle over the ham, pepper and then the goats cheese.
- Bake in the oven for around 20 minutes until the pastry has risen and is golden in colour.
- Drizzle with olive oil (optional).
This is great for dinner with salad, in lunch boxes or popped into picnic baskets.
Have you been crafty this week or enjoyed baking with kids? You can link up your posts here to share!
Mini Mess is a weekly Wednesday link up to share all your fun activites that may have involved mess - be it mud, water, sand, chalk, paint or food!
If you would like to grab the badge you can use the code in the sidebar on the right (highlight press ctrl and c then paste as usual).