4 chicken breasts, diced
250g gammon steak, cut into small pieces
4 carrots, peeled and sliced
3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1 leek, sliced
1 tbsp thyme
600ml chicken stock
1 large onion, sliced
50g plain flour
300ml double cream or milk
500g Puff pasty
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Put the chicken, gammon, carrots, potato and thyme in a pan on a low heat. Add the stock, bring to the boil and allow to simmer for 12-15 minutes until cooked.
- Drain the stock using a colander and keep to one side.
- In a separate pan add the leek and onion with the butter and cook for a few minutes until soft.
- Add the stock, flour and cream to create a sauce - allow to thicken.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken mixture and stir well before placing in an oven proof dish approx 10" by 12"
- Roll out your pastry slightly larger than your dish and place over the top.
- Using a fork press down the pastry to create a seal and brush the egg yolk on top. Poke a few holes in the pastry.
- Cook for around 40 minutes until browned and serve.