The picnic weather approaches so save a trip to the bakery by making your own sausage rolls at home! These are quick and so simple to make that you will wonder why you haven't made them before.
500g Jus-Rol puff pastry
8 thick sausages
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Carefully slice down the length of each sausage and remove the skin trying to maintain the shape of each in the process.
- Cook the sausages in an ovenproof dish for 10 minutes and then remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Divide your puff pastry block into 8 equal pieces and roll each out to around 7" in length and width.
- Place a sausage at the end of each puff pastry square and roll it over so that the pastry folds around it tightly. Allow it to overlap by approx 2" then pinch to seal and trim off any excess.
- Return to the ovenproof dish, bake for 15 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and risen.
Have you made sausage rolls recently?