Between Christmas and the New Year sales I've gathered quite a variety of cook books and I've loved having a browse through the recipes in search of inspiration. My sweet tooth soon had me drooling over the pristine puds and tempting tarts so I decided to make a tasty yet quick dessert of my own.
These cookie pots are crisp on the outside and seriously gooey in the centre - a total crowd pleaser and ready in less than 30 minutes.
85g brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
160g plain flour
1/2 tsp bicarbonate soda
100g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- Mix in the egg and vanilla
- Add the flour and bicarbonate soda then mix thoroughly to form a soft dough
- Pour in the chocolate chips and stir them through as evenly as possible
- Divide the mixture into 4 ramekins (you can use a muffin tray instead if you wish but adjust the time accordingly)
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until firm and golden on top yet soft inside. You may wish to insert a skewer to ensure it is hot before serving
What quick and easy desserts do you enjoy?