When I think of summer desserts, cheesecakes are always the first to spring to mind, and this is a delicious one that I've made a few times that my family adore. It goes perfectly with some fresh summer berries too!
9oz butter, softened
15oz caster sugar
14oz plain flour
2oz cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
90g white chocolate
300g cream cheese
2oz icing sugar
- Cream together the butter and caster sugar in a bowl then gradually add in the 2 eggs followed by the flour, cocoa and salt, combining it well.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees.
- Spread the mixture out evenly into a lined baking tray (9" x 12" approx) and place it into the fridge for 40 minutes to set.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes then allow to cool (do not remove from the tray).
- To make the topping, melt the chocolate in a bowl above boiling water and then allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the cream cheese with the icing sugar and egg then pour in the melted chocolate, combining well.
- Spread the topping over the base and bake for 25 minutes/until set.
- Remove from the oven, allow to cool completely then chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Slice the cheesecake into 12 equal rectangles and store in the fridge.
To create a spotted look, save a small amount of the base mixture in the fridge and then crumble it on top of the topping before it is baked.