We recently returned from a family break in Kefalonia and although most of our holiday highlights involve sunsets on the beach and trips to some beautiful attractions, we certainly can't forget the amazing food we consumed. While in Fiskardo, a beautiful harbour village on the Northern tip of the island, we stopped off at a bakery and The Mr picked up a pastry. For the remainder of our week away he mentioned
went on and on about how delicious it was, so I decided to recreate the same at home.
4 sheets of filo pasty
300g spinach, chopped
150g feta, cubed
2 medium eggs
Olive oil (approx 3 tbsp)
100g chicken or smoked lardons (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Put the spinach in a pan on a low heat with 50ml of water and heat until wilted.
- Remove and drain then allow to cool completely in a bowl.
- Mix in the eggs and feta and set to one side while you prepare the pastry.
- Oil one side of each of the four sheets of filo pastry and place them in a 10" cake tin leaving the edges to overhang
- Add in the egg, spinach and feta mixture, fold the overhanging pastry over the top, brush with a little more oil.
- Cook for around 35 minutes until golden
- Slice and enjoy!
If you wish to add extra flavour and texture fry some chicken or lardons and add them into the mixture.
What is your favourite pie filling?